Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New ebay spoof email

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mandasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I get ebay spoof emails all of the time-usually they say that I need to update my credit card info, or that they think someone has accessed my account and they will suspend it if I don't respond to their email within 3 days, ect.

    Today I got one with a subject that said Ebay unpaid item reminder #6216129558. Of course, when I looked at it, it didn't use my name and had a link for me to click on to resolve the issue. I realized right away that it was a spoof, but it was pretty realistic looking. The item number listed was for an actual auction for the item they were claiming that I had won. However, there was only 1 bid, and I'm not ladygodiva00. [img]smile.gif[/img] For half a second though, when I saw it in my email, I thought maybe I had forgotten to pay something. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up, because the thieves are getting smarter and smarter.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DollyMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2005
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really appreciate you sharing this info. I'm new to all this and I'm afraid I might get suckered thanks [img]eek.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue">I got an abusive spoof email stating that i had better

    "send that laptop computer i bought from you or send my money back you @#$%#. I was not born yesterday and i see you have removed the #$%^@# auction but i want my @#$%#@ money back"

    I havnt sold anything on ebay for months and of course there was a link where i had to re sign into ebay!

    I could NOT BELIEVE what i was seeing, so be careful about these ones as well...</font>

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 01, 2006 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Aussiemum ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •